Surprising Facts About Sleep
- 12% of people dream completely in black and white (are you one of them?!).
- Within 5 minutes of waking up, 50% of your dream is forgotten.
- Our dreams don’t create faces – we dream about what we’ve already seen (even if only for a second).
- Not sleeping for 16 hours can make you behave as if you have a blood alcohol level of .05%. (no more all-nighters!).
- If you are snoring, you are not dreaming.
- Sleep experts have discovered a direct link between people’s sleep positions and their personalities.
- Humans are the only mammals that willingly delay sleep.
- The average person can survive 2 weeks without water but only 10 days without sleep.
One of the best ways that we can improve our immunity is by consistently getting a good night’s sleep. Sleep is a natural immune booster and supports the release and production of cytokine – a protein that helps the immune system quickly respond to antigens. A lack of sleep suppresses cytokine production, making it more difficult for your body to fight back against viruses. A full night of rest (of at least 7 hours) allows your body to replenish the cells and proteins it needs to fight disease.
Quite literally, sleep heals our physical (and emotional) bodies and gives our internal systems time to rest and recharge. Most humans are so GO GO GO that we don’t give ourselves an adequate amount of time to let our bodies catch up. Sleep gives us a break from thinking, working, and GOING – and it’s truly the most natural way to take care of ourselves. Think about it – are you truly your best self when you haven’t had enough sleep. We’ll answer that for you…NOPE.
Some of our favorite BioCharger recipes for sleep are:
We know that you’ve heard it before and you’ll hear it again – get some sleep, friends!