Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information ABT may collect and how we may use it:
What personal information we collect
- When you create an ABT ID, purchase a product, download a software update, contact us, or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, and credit card information.
- When you share your content with family, friends, and associates using ABT products, or others to participate in ABT services or forums, ABT may collect the information you provide about those people such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. ABT will use such information to fulfill your requests, provide the relevant product or service, or for anti-fraud purposes.
How we use your personal information
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on ABT’s latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. You may opt out of receiving marketing emails by following the unsubscribe link in each email. You can unsubscribe from text messaging by replying ‘STOP’ to our message. You may continue to receive non-marketing messages from us after you opt out. You can opt out anytime by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or (508) 258-3088. It’s understood that the successful delivery of text messages relies on factors including the recipient’s mobile carrier, which may result in occasional transmission issues. We cannot ensure consistent availability or performance of our service and are not liable for delays or message failures, and carriers are also not responsible for message delays or failures. Your understanding of these potential limitations is appreciated, and for any inquiries, our support team is here to assist you.
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content, and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with ABT, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve ABT’s products, services, and customer communications.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as zip code, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, location, and the time zone where an ABT product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
- We may collect and store details of how you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure the quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
- With your explicit consent, we may collect data about how you use your device and applications in order to help our developers improve their applications.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
If you want to disable cookies and you’re using any web browser, check with your provider to find out how to disable cookies. Please note that certain features of the ABT website will not be available once cookies are disabled.
As is true of most internet services, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. ABT may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our SMS and email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the ABT website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications.
Disclosure to Third Parties
ABT shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever ABT operates.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for ABT to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
ABT takes the security of your personal information very seriously. ABT online services such as the MyCloud protect your personal information during transit using encryption such as Transport Layer Security (TLS). When your personal data is stored by ABT, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures. MyCloud data is stored in encrypted form including when we utilize third party storage.
When you use some ABT products, services, or applications or post on an ABT forum, chat room, or social networking service, the personal information and content you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Access to Personal Information
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by logging in to your account at MyCloud.BioChargerNG.com
For other personal information we hold, we will provide you with access for any purpose including to request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if ABT is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law
We understand the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children using ABT products and services. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information from children under 13, or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, without verifiable parental consent. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, without first receiving verifiable parental consent we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Third‑Party Sites and Services
ABT websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties − for example, a third‑party iPhone app. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to ABT employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.